Sep 20, 2008

Iftar @Masjid Wilayah

Last Tuesday I decided to visit masjid Wilayah for iftar. The weather was fair and I think I could get good shots of the masjid. The sun was about to set and it was a perfect moment. The first time when I visited masjid Wilayah I was awed by its design. I couldn't believe that I was in Malaysia. It is so majestic and yet it is quite obscure.

After climbing two flights of staircase I reached the second level. This is where the main hall is with a large courtyard and a fountain in the middle. It is quite breathtaking to see it for the first time. The above shot was taken after iftar and Magrib while waiting for Isha and tarawih.

Masjid Wilayah is also a favourite place for celebrities to have their 'akad nikah ceremony. Its size and beauty give an illusion of being in a large palace. A kind of place that just married couples will feel like in a fairy tale and hoping to be happy ever after.

Behind the man congregation is the women section. I am not sure of other times but during tarawih that was the arrangement. It was without a divider and just a space in between just like during Rasulullah time. I managed to get a quick shot before the rest came.

More info: Masjid Wilayah

No comments: