Oct 12, 2008

Eid Fitri 1429

Ramadhan 1429 though over but it is still close in my heart. It was like a friend who came for a visit and kept me company through the days and nights. Though alone in a big city but I have never felt lonely. It was sad to see it left but it was time to go. After nearly a month of fasting I felt weak. The train terminal is just next door and so I pampered myself and bought a first class ticket home to JB. Through the window I could see the bright city lights finally faded behind and the country sides passed by like postcards with kerosene lamps around the houses ushering the coming of Eid. What a wonderful sight to see while having sahur.

The long awaited day finally came. Eid Fitri greeted me in the morning. Here I was again in Masjid Jamek Bandar Baru UDA in JB. I always miss this place. It gave a special meaning to be home. Though many things have changed but this place remain the same. Shukur alhamdulillah. More than glad to hear the takbir again.

I felt that there was a fewer crowd this year. Lesser traffic and less colourful. Perhaps it was the gloomy economy but Eid is not about economy. We should always be grateful for what we have or even for what we don't. There is always a wisdom to every circumstances. It is the fitrah that Allah gave for without it life will be without balance. Let celebrate the fitrah.

Eid came with a special prize. My niece Sofia is one year old this Eid. Sometime I wonder where was she all this time. She really changed my life. Now my shirt is always creased and sometime wet. Lost the freedom. Lost much sleep. Lost the 'eligiblity' though still eligible. But it worth the sacrifice. Nothing else can compare. It is just sheer bliss. May your Eid be blissful too.

No comments: