May 18, 2007

The Beat From The Past

The mid 80s was a wonderful time for electronic music. The New Wave and all that. I was so crazy then even to the extend of building my own gadgets. Electronic musical instruments were so expensive like you have to sell your arms and legs to own one. Then came Roland with a drum machine called Drumatix TR-606 that is quite affordable. The sounds were pure electronic like those rhythm section of the electronic organ. The big difference was it is programmable. You can see that big 'Computer Controlled' on the panel. It just blew my mind to see that. Wow a computer inside this small box. Roland came out with a Bass Line to go with it. I sold that away. Really regretted that.
A couple of weeks back I went back to dad's and clean up this old friend. Now it is considered a 'legend' because many virtual instruments software nowadays copied the concepts for those Techno musicians. I guess I must have been one of the earliest Technos.

No comments: