Sep 25, 2010

Eid Fitri 1431 @KL Convention Centre

Eid Open House at Kuala Lumpur Convention Centre 2010

Thank you MSC Malaysia for inviting me for the Eid Fitri Open House at the last minute. If I was invited earlier I could have come in my Baju Melayu (Malaysian traditional dress). But it is kind of strange to wear Baju Melayu and attending Eid Fitri event after 2 weeks. Well Malaysians take Eid celebration quite seriously compared to other Muslim countries. One month of celebration even to the very last day. Some women even bought extra new dresses and shoes during this month to attend all the open houses. The economy must be booming.

Eid Open House at Kuala Lumpur Convention Centre 2010When people asked me where I am from I just say that I am from JAZ Multimedia and we are creating intellectual property targeted for animation. I am here to show my gratitude to MSC Malaysia and MDEC for their help. It is a kind of party talk but it is the truth but behind the truth I will attend any event where there are plenty of nice food where I can eat the whole night. That separates the young ladies and the senior ones. The young ones can eat the whole night because their metabolism is still working well while their seniors are counting their bites. Well me as an advanced youth who are not afraid of extra kilos because my metabolism always take good care of me.

Eid Open House at Kuala Lumpur Convention Centre 2010 That is Yang from MDEC and Beverly from MRCB Technologies in the background helping themselves with the food. So which category they are in? The young or senior? I will not comment on that because they might chase me out of the incubator the next day. Let say they look great that night.

Eid Open House at Kuala Lumpur Convention Centre 2010 It is time to show the MSC logo in this post. Look world this is the organization that been helping me for the past three years. They have helped me with the incubator space for developing my Palestine 3000 A.D.. Find out more about them on my Palestine 3000 A.D. blog. There are also links on MDEC and MRCB Technologies who collectively manage the incubator at KL Sentral.

Eid Open House at Kuala Lumpur Convention Centre 2010 So what is Hari Raya event without Malay traditional dance. Yes it was a party last night not just of Malay and Muslims. There are other people of different races and religions attended this big event at the Grand Ballroom in the spirit of One Malaysia. It is not a political event just a gathering of technology people in full colour of Eid. Probably art creature like me is a minor here.

Eid Open House at Kuala Lumpur Convention Centre 2010Well that is Naz on the left and Linda Onn on the right trying to make some noise that night. They are the presenters of the evening and going around pointing their microphones at people. Caught Linda straight on with my camera. She did not catch me with her microphone. Probably this Palestine activist looked too serious for a fun conversation. Linda you will be safe with Upin and Ipin guys.

Eid Open House at Kuala Lumpur Convention Centre 2010 The party started at 3 pm after Jumaa and ended at 8 pm. I had sampled most of the food on all four corners. Met some nice people and some strange ones. I hope MSC and MDEC will invite me next year. It seems I will be in their family for a long time. Malaysia is my home now for no other country will support my radical ideas like Malaysia. It is also the best place to celebrate Eid and be colourful.

No comments: