Jun 24, 2007

Big Boy with Small Toy

Few days ago I bought and tested a MIDI keyboard for my composer friend Pak Ngah. He said he needs a small all-in-one keyboard to use with his laptop so that he can continue working while he is traveling. I chose Alesis' PhotonX25 for him which has everything he needs, a MIDI keyboard and also an audio recording unit. With all the VSTi, virtual instrument plugins installed on his laptop, he can have the whole band or orchestra in his back pack. When he is back at his studio he can transfer the files to his desktop and do the final mix.
I feel excited about this because the very instrument I am testing will be the tool that will be used for his future compositions. Though his genre is traditional, major part of his tool is digital. Who knows this instrument that I am testing will be used to compose pieces for famous stars like Siti Nurhaliza and many more ;)

Read more about PhotonX25 :http://www.alesis.com/product.php?id=15

No comments: